Before you start to format anything, make a list showing:
- Every position of responsibility (job) you have ever had
- What you learned from each one in 5 words or less
- What you did well to fulfill the responsibility
Key elements of a basic resume:
- Your contact information
- Objective *or* key skills
- References with contact information
- You are writing for a very specific audience.
- Be succinct.
- Proofread, proofread, then have someone else proofread. There can be no errors on the page.
- Everything on one page!
- Save as a PDF.