Taking handwritten notes helps us remember what we learn better. Cornell notes are one template for note-taking that follow the steps below.
- Use a marker to divide the paper into three sections.
- Label each page with class, date, and topic.
- Use the left side for the main topics and the right side for shorthand notes.
- Add in time to review your notes after class. Any key terms discussed should go on the left side.
- In your own words, summarize the main issues at the bottom of the page.
- Use your notes to study. Focus on the ideas on the left side and your summary at the bottom.
Examples of Cornell notes can be found on the other tabs.